So what big trends in jewelry you can expect to see this year? I’ve listed five of the most popular ones below.
- Opals are making a huge comeback! While always fashionable, in the past opals were mainly seen in birthstone pieces. For 2013 opals are being free formed and are now showing up in an assortment of different and distinctive shapes, sizes and colors.
- Pearls have been building a steady following over the past couple of years and 2013 continues the trend. No longer are pearls locked into stuffy dated settings. They have now come into the 21st century in a wide range of classy, chic and fashionable designs and styles.
- Haven’t you always wanted to be a princess? The past two years has seen a resurgence in tiaras and while that might be a bit over the top for some of us, 2013 is introducing bejeweled headbands! Jazzy and fun, they sparkle but don’t flaunt.
|Square Abacus Earring #5|
Check out the lovely crown that my friend Tess made for her wedding!
- With gold reaching sky high prices, a growing trend is to mesh fine and faux together to create a stylish and distinctive piece at a reasonable cost. Brass and bronze, wood and Bakelite are all popular economical choices.
- A relatively modestly priced gem that has gained a lot of attention already this year is Drusy. Very organic, this stone is a popular choice because of its sparkle, color and the fact that it can be cut into a wide variety of interesting and unusual shapes.