Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New Year, New Challenges...

You may or may not know, a year ago, I embarked on a challenge entitled "A Ring-a-Day" in which I was to create one ring every day for as long as I could...

I lasted 100 days. (see my RAD rings on flickr.)
Some brave and VERY creative souls lasted an entire 365. (see everyone's RAD rings on flickr.)

Now in 2011, I am embarking on another challenge...a little less demanding but equally as inspiring..."A Ring-a-Week". I have committed to making one ring per week for the entire year...52 rings! I hope to continue to explore some of the ideas that I began with the previous challenge, to make some rings that have been brewing in my mind for a while and to be inspired to new levels.

This is my first ring for the Ring-a-Week Challenge:
18k gold & green tourmaline.
The stone setting freely slides back and forth.
I hope to not only blog my rings but also to share with you some of the amazing rings made by my fellow Ring-a-Day artists....stay tuned! In the meantime, you can view everyone's RAW rings on flickr.