Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Results of the silversmithing workshop #3

I wanted to continue these postings about my silversmithing workshop last week...but other things came up! So I will continue today....

Here it is...my final project during the Brian Clarke silversmithing workshop...my bud vase!

I began by cutting out 2 sterling discs, annealing them and then began crimp raising one disc for the bottom half of the vase.



After several coures of raising, the shape is close to my template size.

Then I planished the hemisphere on a mushroom stake.


I wonder how many hammer blows it took to make it look like this? I wasn't counting! :) This portion of the bud vase took a full day (plus a few hours)...
I will continue with the top portion of the vase tomorrow...Have a good day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing. I love to see step-by-step photos in blogs and to understand the process that much more.